Tuesday 30 March 2010

First training ride on new bike


So I finally managed to get out of Oxford and cover a few miles on the new Trek, 17.7 miles to be exact, measured thanks to the cycle pedometer that Alice (above - hopefully Rory is not too excited by the picture) gave me for my 22nd birthday... which also told me my average speed, top speed and a variety of other interesting things which will be very useful in assessing training rides and preparing for the ride itself.

The route took me south of Oxford to Kennington then Radley (soon to be home of teammate Pearson) then north-westerly to Boars Hill, a reasonably testing climb, before back into the West of Oxford down Botley road. Though still a pretty tame ride in mild conditions it is at least a start, but more importantly allowed me to see how good the bike is, felt noticeably lighter and quicker than anything I'd used before and the gears are a dream. The team at Ben Hayward really have done us well, can't wait to get for a training ride with some of the other 'lads', except Hugh, "I don't like that Hugh".

GD

No comments:

Post a Comment