Wednesday 7 April 2010

New Member...New Bike...

As the newest member of this elite endurance team I felt it was about time that I wrote on this blog thing. And apart from anything else its all a little too dominated by the boy Dean (aka General Doom) so I felt I'd bring some variety to this blog malarkey.
Last Christmas after much discussion with the boys about this trip, I found I couldn't really remember why I said no to the initial offer. Realising my mistake I agreed to get involved in this adventure, and frankly I cannot wait to get going.  This excitement was massively increased after a very productive team meeting chez Pearson where jobs and tasks were assigned, and more importantly I think we all realised that while there was lots to do, this trip was going to be something pretty special and a lot of fun.
Obviously the most pressing task is to get out cycling on the road and get fit.  So last Thursday I dropped in to Ben Hayward Cycles in Cambridge to pick up my new Trek 7.3 Touring bike.  The guys at Ben Hayward really have surpassed themselves, and have kitted us out with an incredible machine.  While I cant claim to have done much cycling in my time, any cycling I have done has been on a shoddy mountain bike, so in comparison this bike is glorious, smooth, comfortable and obviously suitable for 2000 miles of European and African roads.  As Dean mentioned earlier in the blog, they really are "jazz".  For those of us not quite so up to date with our Oxbridge slang...essentially our bikes are beaut.
Anyway, needless to say that I am pumped about being involved in such an exciting trip with "the lads", and more importantly I can think of few better ways to get a proper good tan than a month on a bike in France, Spain and Morocco in mid summer.
Think that's it for the moment, I'm certain that I've forgotten something I meant to say but hey...
Over and Out,
NG

3 comments:

  1. Gerry Imson is now involved?

    Probably not a cyclist and definitely not a blogger.

    'beaut'. Unacceptable.

    Hell, I'm just bitter because I am now the only one not involved, but doubt you would have been able to keep up with me anyway, as attested to by my latest bench press 3RM of 95kg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your bike Cassels. Most definitely a cyclist, in the Chris Hoy vein of champion cyclists, so pipe down. Also i can categorically state that no one on this blog, authors or readers, care about your three repetition maximum, even more so when it is abbreviated to 3RM.
    That is all,
    NG

    ReplyDelete