Thursday 18 February 2010

The new bike...


So this weekend I went to pick up the bike from Ben Hayward. Having only been able to give Rob 24 hours notice he was still able to build the bike to my specifications and fit everything that needed to be fitted... The bike is a Trek 7.3 (above), black with Shimano Trigger 24 speed gears and generally looks pretty jazz.

Took the bike out for the first time on Tuesday, just around Oxford (after making somewhat of a meal about putting the front wheel back on - I think my bike maintenance skills need quite a bit of work...) and it didn't disappoint. Though it's not saying much it's the best bike I've ever ridden, it's lightweight, quick and the gears are amazing, you can just flick up and down like a car... anyway all in all it's made me pretty excited and can't wait to get out on them with the rest of the team - Ben Hayward has done us really well.

GD

No comments:

Post a Comment