Wednesday 10 February 2010

Recruitment

And so I returned to Cambridge in search of a friend to join me in this adventure. I first aired the plan in The Bath House over a few drinks and was largely met with laughs and a feeling that this was another of Dean's ill-fated crackpot schemes (admittedly I did air it at the same time as proposing we form an invitational cricket team to tour Australia next winter during the Ashes - which seems unlikely to come to fruition) . Despite these initial foregoings I pressed on and eventually about 2 weeks later Ed indicated he was definitely keen, and shortly after so did Doble. By the time we went to Norfolk for our annual bank holiday weekend at the end of August numbers both Hugh and Davo threw their hats into the ring as well. Having expected to struggle to recruit one other person, we were now 5 in number, only Gimson remained unconvinced.

GD

No comments:

Post a Comment